SolarCity - Great company, some flaws. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

"Great company, some flaws."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Mateo, CA
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SolarCity as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Making solar affordable and widely available. You can feel good that the company you're working for is making HUGE efforts to make the earth a better place.

Cons

Pay lags behind what other Bay Area companies are offering. Some teams exist in 'private silos' with a near 'old boys club' mentality.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with growing SolarCity. Make sure that the great positive attitude and culture are shared throughout entire company.

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

"Great People, Great Commitments!"

Current Employee - Direct Energy Consultant in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Direct Energy Consultant in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I Love SolarCity. I love the people. This company is changing the world! The leadership has an amazing vision, and the company has a great culture and goals. Great environment. You feel part of a movement. Everyone is responsive and committed to your success. Their motto is: "One Team, One Dream". And SolarCity speaks shows respect and adoration for it's customers!

Cons

Can't think of any one that stands out. The only con is that they are not in all 50 states, yet!

Advice to Management

Keep creating a culture! Make sure it is a place for winners. Keep it a bottom up company where everyone is respected and valued.

"Could have been worse"

Former Employee - Crew Lead in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Crew Lead in Albany, NY

I worked at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Installers a great bunch of people for the most part. The work is there. Long hours, lots of overtime. Decent benefits. Stock options worked out well. Office personal and local management awesome. They made you feel like the company cares.

Cons

Corporation doesn't care about anything except numbers. Bonuses for fast installs and panel count will sacrifice quality. I've seen and repaired what the result of fast will do to a roof.

Advice to Management

I was employed in NY. NY is not California. We have steep roofs. It takes more time here. Get over it. Piece work will result in roof leaks, which means repairs, which leads to irrate customers, which means profit loss.