SolarCity - Great company. | Glassdoor

"Great company."

Current Employee - Operations in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Operations in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most positions have incentive plans to boost income drastically without hitting impossible goals. It's fast paced and everyone works hard, but it's exciting to be a part of a company that is growing so quickly. Seems like only the best of the best are hired, very smart and socially likable people with good work ethics and who care about what we're accomplishing. Tons of job stability with room for career growth, good benefits, very competitive compensation, and a general feeling that everyone is being taken care of by the company. I highly recommend working for SolarCity if you're on the market or interested in making a switch to green energy.

Cons

Again, fast paced environment, but not sure if I'd call that a con as much as it's just part of the job. Not your 9 to 5 type of gig and that's not everyone's cup of tea. Parking is tricky.

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

"changing the world!"

Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really. I have worked for solarcity for about three weeks now and love everything i see. the people are so welcoming and eager to help you. its very innovative, and we have the best story and cause. truly unique company, doing great things, helping the world. awesome pay and motivation. competitive. easy to use software. lots of support. no words to really describe the awesomeness of solar city.

Cons

i am a field energy specialist, and i don't really like having to work with another specialist at the store im at. enjoy a teamwork environment, but i feel like their just isnt enough leads to go around.

Advice to Management

Is there a site we in sales can go to for references, including charts, articles, information about what makes solarcity great.

"SolarCity Rocks!"

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, company provided leads, company car, great commission pay plus bonuses and stock options. Management listens and cares.

Cons

Growing pains. As company grows, a lot of changes are made to accommodate, including new hires and constant changes in processes. Sometimes the changes help, sometimes they backfire or make things worse. But, they are always reviewing any changes to make sure and adjust accordingly.