SolarCity - Changing the world everyday | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

"Changing the world everyday"

Current Employee - Direct Energy Consultant
Current Employee - Direct Energy Consultant

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wish there was 10 stars, I think the world is about to think a lot smarter, and people will come together with the family and communities all around. Excellent Salesforce, and we're lubing the parts to a machine that has barely turned on yet.

Cons

There really are no cons. This is what I dreamed about my whole life. Just like for the homeowner when making the decision to save money, and the environment without any investment. Solarcity treats their employees with respect, as to the homeowners, and when they sign up the homeowners with solar they have a trusted, well mannered staff through every step of the way. There's a reason we're #1,

Advice to Management

Gotta love the managers, everyone's time will come when we all could possibly be managers. Just work hard. Smart. And different. I work in Chico, and my teams great. People are learning what they're good at everyday. A couple things that would help are not on the managers side, it's on the process.... sometimes interest is coming in so fast it's hard to keep track of everyone you just signed up. Every office needs a personal OA office assistant to call, check emails, write emails, organize a visual agenda. This would lead to at least 20% solid growth. Dashboard style pay tracking system. Because the money needs to be cradled it is motivating for a representative to see daily about how much the kilowatts can add up and multiply, an old alarm company had a simple platform. Commercials eventually, company issued teslas. 1team1dream

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

"Smart, hard-working people rise quickly"

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Incredible opportunity for Growth. The company is moving so quickly that they desperately need leaders to step up to the plate. If you work hard and bring value to the table, you can move very quickly.
    - Flat structure: Best idea wins
    - C Level executives are all in it to save the planet and really care about the vision. One Team, One Dream.

Cons

- Very fast paced - keep up or drown
    - Physical space is a little crowded with so many new hires
    - Tons of changes- adapt or die

Advice to Management

keep recognizing leaders beneath you to help manage the work load

"An amazing place to work...working for another solar company just doesn't make sense!"

Current Employee - Senior Field Energy Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Field Energy Consultant

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Equity in the company is a ++
    Room for promotion
    Superior training
    Market share makes selling easy
    Team support and atmosphere of workplace is solid

Cons

I have seen certain markets really stifle the potential growth, and SolarCity do just enough to keep its employees afloat. I would have liked to see SolarCity completely step up legally, politically, etc, and combat unneccessary industry growth.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to let new comers really shine. Don't be threatened by their potential success, rather, back them up and help them move along.