SolarCity - Doing good can also mean doing well. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

"Doing good can also mean doing well."

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Chico, CA
Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Chico, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone like a win win situation... SolarCity is a win, win, win, win, win, win and so on situation. I win my doing WELL for my family, my customers win becauase they keep money they would otherwise surrender to a monopoly, the monopoly wins because we are helping them achieve a mandate for clean electricity with letting investment on their part AND we reduce stress on the aging grid AND we impose competitive pressure on them so, eventually the monopoly will no longer be a monopoly and will actually have to WORK to keep customers. The local community wins because we create and retain great paying jobs in the community at the same time as freeing our customer's budget to have more money to invest in local businesses. Local non profits win because of partnerships we create that put money in their coffers. And the EARTH wins because we are using the only unexhaustible completely non polluting source of energy thus reducing our dependance on finite and polluting sources of energy.

Cons

When you work for a cause you get caught up in it. Free time gets very limited so learn to make the most of it.

Advice to Management

improve internal customer service attitude and communication. Interdepartment communication is very lacking. A problem is sometimes not solved because someone does not prioritize it while I am waiting on an answer that is important to a customer. Other times a problem solved but I am not aware of it because much of my time is spent behind a windshield instead of in front of my computer which means I can't stay on top of everything, a simple e-mail telling me that the situation has progressed or is solved would be very helpful.

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

1. "Not to bad"

Current Employee - Direct Energy Consultant in Parker, CO
    Current Employee - Direct Energy Consultant in Parker, CO

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great company, good values, Fantastic benefits

Cons

little training, even less material to help sell

Advice to Management

please please please train better, especially since you have taken away the 3 month guarantee

2. "Solar soldiers out to save the world from fossil fuels and high prices."

Current Employee - Installer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Installer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are the best, everyone in SolarCity is a rock star. We work hard, blood & sweat with no time for tears. The pay can't be beat either, thanks to bonuses and investment benefits.

Cons

Always working in the extremes of all types of weather on the roof. Could be 110° F - 30° F, wet or dry and everything in between.

Advice to Management

We should create a design team within Dallas, TX that understand the local codes and designs