SolarCity - Believing in a better way! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

"Believing in a better way!"

Current Contractor - Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX
Current Contractor - Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at SolarCity as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

As a recruiter at SolarCity I am provided the opportunity to identify talent for a company that is on the leading edge of residential solar power generation. SolarCity has a vision and the drive to be successful with an already proven track record of employee growth, development and is agile enough to make changes on the fly to bridge employment needs.

Cons

Much like any company in it's infancy, change is common place. But the desire to change for the right reasons is amicable and well thought out albeit difficult at times. Although change has a tendency to effect the growth rate negatively, the goal is to increase our ability to provide high level talent to an already tremendously successful sales/operations organization with much success. Change is akin to growing pains that will subside as the company becomes an adult.

SolarCity Response

Aug 25, 2014 – SolarCity Recruiting

Thank you not only for your feedback, but for your commitment to SolarCity. You are right, we are a fast-paced company that is always changing. We definitely need top-level talent like you to ... More

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

"My first year"

Current Employee - Junior PV Installer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Junior PV Installer in Denver, CO

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Many good, quality employees
    - Good bonus Structure
    - Good amount of workable hours
    - I enjoy working with my crew of guys

Cons

- Its sad to see unqualified employees being promoted over those who are much more deserving.
    - There is no formal rooftop installation training. How one learns the training, from crew-leads and seniors, is "how it should be done;" be it actually correct or incorrect
    -Many times we are pushed simply to get the numbers corporate wants regardless of your family life and/or social life.
    - We often receive "inspirational" videos and clips from corporate. Many different regions have varying different obstacles they have to overcome to complete a job that, more often than not, extend the duration of the project. Simply telling us to "be better", "do more", "do it faster," "man up".....are not appreciated. Many of the videos are discouraging.

"If you value your Christian beliefs this is not a company for you"

Current Employee - Crew Lead in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Crew Lead in Foster City, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Panel pay and benefits not to mention my fellow installers other than that there is nothing else that is good about the company

Cons

Long hours and their plan is to make everyone work weekends and that includes Sunday. Solarcity is more interested in momey than you or your family. Elon and Tangy think that they own their employees and can make them do whst ever they want.
    When I started it was a Monday through Friday Opperation now we are working Saturdays now we are being asked to volunteer for Sundays. This is not a company for Christmas.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and making your employees work Sunday will upset them and lile me I will tell my church family, family and friends. I am not your puppet to do as you wish.

SolarCity Response

Sep 29, 2014 – SolarCity Recruiting

We are sorry to hear that changes caused by our growth have created conflict in your personal life. As a company that offers a retail product, it is a natural progression to offer our services and ... More