SolarWinds - Great place to work and professional grow. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SolarWinds

"Great place to work and professional grow."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

SolarWinds is a fast paced dynamic place to work and I have found it to be a great fit for me. The quality of the team here is very high and I find it challenges me to grow and reach almost daily. The executive team is the best I have ever worked for. We are cutting edge in our industry and are not afraid to try new things and learn from them. The leaders not only set the direction, but actually take responsibility for the success or lack of. I would and have recommended SolarWinds as a great place to work to my close friends.

Cons

It is a high energy place all the time. Sometimes the pace can get tiring when you do not take enough personal time. Secondly, we have a challenge with scope creep. As in any small company, it can necessitate that you take on roles that you might not have in larger companies. Keeping the balance between being a team player and maintaining focus on the areas you own can be challenging. I am honestly challenged with enough material to fill in this space to meet the word requirements.

Advice to Management

None, they do an awesome job.

Other Employee Reviews for SolarWinds

1. "Excellent!"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Cork (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Cork (Ireland)

I worked at SolarWinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary and Benefits,Good managers

Cons

There's no Cons that I noticed

Advice to Management

None

2. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I worked at SolarWinds full-time

Pros

I loved my job and enjoyed my time at (former: GFI MAX, LOGICnow) SolarWinds MSP. There are a lot of exceptional and great people in the company. The product is competitive and innovative. The company went through a few rough patches in the time I have been there but that is part of the game. Developing from a small scottish company (Hounddog) to be attractive enough to be purchased by SolarWinds means a lot. The Edinburgh and Dundee offices realy thrive on the people working there.

Cons

The management structure is somehow disruptive with too many layers and to many changes in short periods. A few of the of the senior staff members are getting away with being useless while benefiting from good people they are supposed to lead and motivate.

Advice to Management

Bring back identity and company culture to the Scottish offices. Its lacking guidance and encouragement as senior staff members are mostly overseas.