SolarWinds - great place to work | Glassdoor

"great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brno (Czech Republic)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brno (Czech Republic)

Pros

- great office
- challenging work
- still learning new things
- rapidly growing company
- very smart people around
- career opportunities
- great management

Cons

SolarWinds is a rapidly growing company, which sometimes results in a little chaos. People often change teams (based on current needs), which may not be suitable for everyone, however, they are always asked whether they want to.
People coming from large companies may find the environment too dynamic and too fast.

Advice to Management

Both middle management and senior management is great. Keep doing the great job and do not lower the bar for hiring the best people.

Other Employee Reviews for SolarWinds

1. "Data Infrastructure Engineer"

Current Employee - Data Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Data Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at SolarWinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, small team, agile, good tech stack, challenging

Cons

I do not have anything to say

"Worst place I ever worked"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at SolarWinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Maybe the lunches? I don't know, I just feel like 2+ years of my life were wasted here. But... since my manager was border-line incompetent at estimating how long things would take, I did all my work early and work seldom required my attention for more than 1/4th my day. Not really a pro, but if you just want to coast you can do so really easily here.

Cons

Where to start? Massive favoritism and bonuses not given by merit or results but by how liked you are. Dishonest managers. Horrible strategy because 2/3rds of the people in charge are bad at what they do and would never get hired at the same level anywhere else. (How long did it take them to catch on that AWS was the future? Yeah... that's what happens when you put idiot marketing people in charge of product -- you're at best reactionary.) So many layers and layers of politics. And a CEO that just runs around cheering and trying to high-five people. "Woo-hoo!" That's how you know Kevin is on your floor. Not much of a future here... since I left I've been an infinitely happier person.

Advice to Management

Fire 1/2 the people in charge and focus on becoming a Results Only Work Environment, where managers don't just play favorites.