Solid Cactus - Solid Cactus - Standing Together | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Solid Cactus

"Solid Cactus - Standing Together"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shavertown, PA

Pros

Solid Cactus has proven time and again that they are here for their employees. There is an open door policy with regards to management. I always feel free to share ideas and opinions and while they may not always be implemented they are listened to and thought about. Everyone supports each other and the employees are always accepting of one another's success. There are emails that are sent company wide from one employee praising another with a "Great job" or "I couldn't have done this without you."

Cons

While I agree that we work long hours, it's recognized. The higher ups see who puts in the extra 10% to get a job done well.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice or feedback. I trust them to make decisions that are good for the company and the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Solid Cactus

1. "World Class Employer"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Shavertown, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Shavertown, PA

Pros

As an industry leader we provide our Clients with quality products and services at competitive prices. We are the worlds largest preferred developer on the Yahoo! platform and have more Internet Retailer 500 Clients than any other developer. To date we have worked on almost 4,000 stores and also provide our clients with alternative solutions such as Amazon and eBay Pro Stores. We provide our employees with many perks and benefits that many other companies do not. In fact we have been voted "one of the best places to work in PA" several years running and been on the INC 500's fastest growing private companies in America list for the past several years also. Our ongoing committment to training and developing our Employees to help them succeed is second to none. Obviously we did not achieve these levels of success by mistreating our Clients or Employees. We believe that the way we treat our emloyees is a mirror of the way we treat our Clients and both are very well taken care of. Of course as such we expect our Employees to perform to the highest standards possible to achieve and sustain these levels of success. Difficult decisions sometimes have to be made and if an Employee does not live up to our standards and deliver excellence then they can not continue to work here. Sometimes those Employees express their lack of skills, knowledge and dedication as frustrating inaccurate comments about the companies shortcomings when in reality there is a valid and legitimate reason they do not work here anymore. Please look at the facts and the success of the company before judging what disgruntled Employees have to say. Solid Cactus - Proven Experience, Reliability, Innovative Products, World Class Service - Your total e-commerce solutions provider and partner in success. BTW, we're also one of the greatest places to work on the planet.

Cons

Dealing with Employees who are not committed to delivering excellence.

Advice to Management

Stay the course you're doing a great job !!!!

"Reasons why SOLID CACTUS is one of the BEST PLACES TO WORK IN PA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shavertown, PA

Pros

There is a reason why Solid Cactus was ranked 11th Best Place to Work in PA in 2007, ranked in the Top 50 in 2006, and again in 2008. The owners really care about the employees. When looking for a new building due to the recent growth of the company, it was the owners that took a stand for the employee and said we do not want employees to incur the cost of parking. That was their basis for looking for a new place to work. It wasn't that the employees also would be offered amenities like the gym, cafe on premises, reduced prices on cafe items for the employees let alone a monthly employee allowance at the cafe, breakrooms on every floor, courtyard with picnic tables and a hammock, dual monitors on every desk that makes an employee even more productive, flexible schedule, days off when requested, ability to work from home in bad weather conditions if position allows for it, a very casual work environment meaning able to wear jeans to work, and the list goes on and on. Other amenities include top notch phone system, music system heard through the entire buidling, good management structure you normally would not find of companies of this size, open door policy to the owners, and meeting with the owner on every Thursday afternoon if you have an idea or suggestion to make Solid Cactus a better place to work. Solid Cactus is top notch and does nothing but the best for the employees. The fact remains after listing all those ammenities an employee has at Solid Cactus, the owners primary concern when we moved was the employee and where the employees would park.

Thanks Joe and Scott for everything you have done for us. It is appreciated by the employees.

Cons

There really is not a downside to working here. I've worked for several companies in the Wilkes-Barre area and this is the best of the best. .

Advice to Management

They are doing a great job in bad economic times.