Solo Cup - Solo Review | Glassdoor

"Solo Review"

I have been working at Solo Cup full-time

Pros

The company has great opportunity for growth. Everyone know's Solo Cup. Looks good on a resume.

Cons

Making the employees move to Michigan is the biggest reason everyone is leaving now.

Other Employee Reviews for Solo Cup

1. "Stereotypical Corporate Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Solo Cup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensated fairly
    Low Stress Job
    Most Employees are Friendly
    Solid Benefits

Cons

Outside trying to get a raise, nothing is done to motivate employees.
    Upper management is never seen
    Poor communication between departments
    Lots of employees that don't carry their weight
    Boring

Advice to Management

Understand your employees and their jobs better. I have never been asked for any input about anything by anyone outside of my immediate supervisor. How do you know how well my supervisor is doing if his/her employees are never asked about his/her performance?

2. "Pay attention Dart...Solo's peole are still very unhappy"

I have been working at Solo Cup full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits (for now)
    Paid holidays (for now)

Cons

Solo Cup is like a baby...Upper management is the dirty diaper...if Dart doesn't dispose of that diaper, the baby will continue to smell bad & no one will want to stay & play with the baby. Nothing is going to change as long as the "powers that be" (and I use that term loosely) keep making crappy decisions that make no sense at all.
    Poor maintenance, 24/7 plant, but no 24/7 maintenance. And what "maintenance" we do have stinks as well. Machines down for long periods of time because cannot get ahold of any maintenance (that are on call) to come in.
    Again with upper management, poor attitudes, only care for themselves. Very closed minded. Will not listen to any ideas that are presented to them. Will not even listen to another person's point of view. And you might as well look for another job if you disagree with one of their ideas. If it is something that they think is good, it's not even open for discussion...the employees are doing it. Their response? "Well if they don't like it, they can leave!" And heaven help you if you have a life outside of work. Again, if it's something they want, "Well, you'd just better plan on changing your homelife because we're doing this?" "HOW DARE YOU HAVE A LIFE!" But they can leave in the middle of the afternoon and be gone for the rest of the day. Dart needs to (secretly) have some of their reps show up at these plants at 4:00 pm on a Friday & see how many of their upper management is still in their offices. Hell, even show up at 3:30pm!

Advice to Management

Dart needs to have an open & honest talk with all the employees. Find out their concerns & frustrations. NOT THE MANAGEMENT! If the employees are reassured that their jobs are not in jeopardy, they will open up & tell the truth about what really goes on in the plants. All management will do is put their little spin on it & then go about treating the employees as bad as before. Let the employees speak for themselves, not the management.