Solomon-Page Group - Quick to hire! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Quick to hire!"

Former Contractor - Hardware Technician in Pittston, PA
Former Contractor - Hardware Technician in Pittston, PA

I worked at Solomon-Page Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

If there is a position to be filled, you are in as soon as the paperwork is done!

Cons

Feast or famine. I have not had any other offers despite good reviews from contractor.

Other Employee Reviews for Solomon-Page Group

1. "On the Ball"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Solomon-Page Group as a contractor

Pros

Fast and effective. Was able to get me an interview in less than a day. During the Negotiation stage. They still had other offers lined up for me.

Cons

Sometimes it took awhile for any feedback. Negative, Positive, or stagnant. Made it hard to know where you stand when other offers come around.

Advice to Management

More feedback and followups

"Purposely lied about temp to perm job and lied to their client company"

Former Contractor - Accountant in Orangeburg, NY
    Former Contractor - Accountant in Orangeburg, NY

I worked at Solomon-Page Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid on time, accessible company contact

Cons

Dishonest representation of the position

Advice to Management

I was lured away from a position (company was closing in a month.) before I collected severance. The promise was that it was a temp to perm job. I decided to make the change as I had been looking for 6 months without success. I called my Solomon Page contact several times over the 3 month probation period to get feedback. I was always told I was doing well and would get the job. At the end of the 3rd month I called and said "OK, time to speak with HR". I was told that they were not done evaluating me yet. Throughout the process I continued to look for a job with another agency. I knew that anything could go wrong and I wanted to be prepared. I found another job and spoke to my supervisor at the temp job. My intention was to give them an opportunity to hire me if they were interested. Turns out there was no job and Solomon Page told them I was only interested in temporary work. They lied to me about the job and they lied to the employer about me.