Solstice Sunglass Boutiques - A good part time job | Glassdoor

"A good part time job"

Current Employee - Key Holder
Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques part-time

Pros

pretty good pay, work on an hourly basis vs. commission, very quick opening and closing process

Cons

extremely high turn over, never an opportunity to move up in the company

Advice to Management

Focus more on the employees you do have who know how the company works instead of constantly trying to recruit people "outside of the company"

Other Employee Reviews for Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

1. "Nice product"

Pros

Contests, product, and discount. Sometimes bonus if you're lucky :)

Cons

Company can be confusing. Communication needs a lot work. System updates are behind and POS is very low grade; even after 10 years. Lots of catch-22s. Not much room for growth. Unlike their biggest competitor theres NO commission.

Advice to Management

Commission is a great motivation for employees. Bigger updates are needed faster. Stop using Lotus notes, that's just ridiculous. Tell your people to be clear and concise on what they want.

"Would never work here again"

Former Employee - Keyholder
    Former Employee - Keyholder

Pros

A) Discount was good.
    B) My store manager was awesome and gave off the time we needed.
    C) Always had fun while at work.

Cons

As far as my store goes I can't really say there were any cons of working there but the corporate people were very distant about anything that u ever asked them. If the store doesn't make enough money in the year they will close on you without any warning. I was recruited by them and went through 2 weeks of crap for my interviews and getting employee numbers just to be shut down in my 30th day of working and no compensation afterwords. Yesterday was payday and here I am still no check. That's real professional and then when I call to ask where my check is they just give me the runaround that it should be there soon. I dont think they understand that other people have bills to pay too.

Advice to Management

Why don't you tell people that your planning to shut stores down so you don't just conpletely screw them. Come to find out when I talked to the mall manager he said they have been planning this since last year.