Solstice Sunglass Boutiques - Simple, fun, and good pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

"Simple, fun, and good pay"

Current Employee - Key Holder in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Key Holder in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love my job at solstice, I'm currently a Key Holder and it's by far one of the most straight forward jobs that I've ever had. It's a very fun environment to work in and the customers are usually very friendly if you get them into the groove of trying stuff on and talking story with them. For a first time retail job this is a very great company to work for; the discounts are amazing, there's always awesome contests with great spiffs/payouts, solstice will give you great product knowledge and amazing training to succeed as a sales person. If you're in a high volume store the commission pay it is very great, yet it's hard to achieve in lower volume locations. All of the employees in this company that I've spoken to/dealt with have all been very pleasant and awesome people. Solstice is a very fun, up-beat place to work and is a great place to grow in sales. The benefits at Solstice are very amazing, straight forward and easy to obtain if eligible.

Cons

I think the cons of the Solstice Company is for one how closed minded they are to outside input; be it from management or employees. They do hold very high standards that're hard to obtain at times in lower volume establishments. My biggest issue is the trackers that are installed in the stores, they are almost always inaccurate. Besides them being inaccurate, a store will usually get penalized for low conversion rates even if they have a high sales dollar point and the higher authority will usually ask us "Why" for these CVR numbers, when there's really no truthful answer we can give them other than some sort of bull that gets pulled out of no where.
The commission in this company is very difficult to achieve in lower volume stores, which can be very frustrating. Though when working in lower volume locations you do get paid a higher dollar hourly. I feel as though the company should cater a bit more to the commission rates by the volume of every store rather than all stores as a whole.
There's not much room for growth with solstice, but with the little room that there is in the company I think if you try hard and put effort into what you're doing then you can easily move up with the company.

Advice to Management

My advice to the upper management would be to put more faith in their workers and store managers. Give them the time of day to reach out to you and let them give their out look on what can be done to improve business because a lot of what they have to say is very detrimental (in my opinion) to the company, since they are the ones that're on the floor 5 days a week, training, selling, doing what they have to do to keep the store up, running, above and beyond company standards. There's a lot of good ideas to be heard out there, take some time to hear them out.
On another note for the store level managers, keep up the good work and keep being awesome ;]

Other Employee Reviews for Solstice Sunglass Boutiques

1. "Company is good to start off at"

Current Employee - Keyholder in Farmington, CT
    Current Employee - Keyholder in Farmington, CT

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If management is good, the store is organized, good sales, you learn a lot
    great discount

Cons

Close the store without notice

Advice to Management

Don't take advantage of your employees

"Went from great to horrible!!!"

Former Employee - Keyholder in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Keyholder in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great employee discounts and contest from vendors.

Cons

hard to be eliglible for health benefits, good for store managers but not good for key holders selling specilist. Micro managed, no growth within the company