SolutionStream - Awesome company, great opportunities! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SolutionStream

"Awesome company, great opportunities!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Lehi, UT
Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Lehi, UT

Pros

Custom software development is a challenging and rewarding industry if you have the tools, support and leadership. SolutionStream absolutely has it. Having sold for several technology firms prior, I can attest that the work is hard, your expected to deliver, but the company gives you all the tools and support to do so. Their reputation in the community is also very high.

Cons

The only challenge is that you actually have nothing to sell ;) But that's also a benefit, you get to see clients dreams go from concept to reality. Many of the systems we've built started on nothing but a concept on a napkin to multi-million dollar firms.

Advice to Management

Expanding operations is the next step. With the talent we have and the results we garner, SolutionStream can truly become a software powerhouse.

Other Employee Reviews for SolutionStream

"Family friendly and flexible, but a bit of a mess"

I have been working at SolutionStream full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solution Stream is very supportive of flexible schedules and remote work to allow employees to make their families a priority.
    Getting paid for hours over 40 is awesome!
    Interesting projects and getting to work with some of the newest technologies

Cons

If you are working Staff Aug, there is a feeling of real disconnect from the rest of the company.
    There is a complete lack of set process in the sales and development process which often leads to the sales dept making promises that development cant deliver on. On bigger projects, management doesnt have a clear path for how to manage the project.
    No long term career path
    Compensation is mediocre and other than PTO, benefits are too.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to make Staff Aug employees feel more engaged
    Give me a reason to stay here long term
    Make the mid level management team more meaningful
    Develop some solid process so there is consistency in Solution Stream managed projects.

2. "The most challenging PM job I’ve ever had"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at SolutionStream full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The demands and expectations for a project manager here are high. To be successful I had to feel comfortable as a project manager and a product manager and an account manager. I absolutely wore all the hats all the time. The projects are managed in pretty high detail and lots of reporting expectations, which is interesting because overall it’s a very agile environment. But I love the challenge.

Cons

I wish the job didn’t include so much account management responsibility. I felt like that portion should be handled more by the account managers who are actually getting commission for doing the job.

Advice to Management

Make the actual account managers responsible for more of their job and don’t leave it in project management hands.