Soma Intimates - Good place to learn a beginning level of entrepreneurship. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Soma Intimates

"Good place to learn a beginning level of entrepreneurship."

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Aurora, IL
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Aurora, IL

I worked at Soma Intimates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small boutique environment, good place for young women to learn how to run a retail store and to create relationships with other businesses. Competitive enough to learn some sales techniques to keep it interesting. Also, enables associates to learn how to build relationships with the customers.

Cons

Higher end price point is sometimes harder to sell, although presents more of a challenge, depending on the the market the store is located in. A lot of the store management would go out and party together, so if that wasn't your scene, you were the odd man out and not in the loop when it came to promotions. Low salary and given the impression that you should be thankful you were getting paid anything at all (don't ask for a raise.) Drama. Drama. Drama.

Advice to Management

Start rewarding your sales teams with better wages and salaries. Supply must meet demand in order to meet your daily sales goals. Don't put a boutique with higher price points in a location which is known to be a value shopper. This just sets your sales team up for disappointment in production as well as in pay. No wonder the location I worked at had almost 100% turnover rate!

Other Employee Reviews for Soma Intimates

1. "It was an okay experience."

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Soma Intimates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees were friendly. Discounts were good.

Cons

Upper management were unorganized and such.

2. "Ridiculous expectations."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Soma Intimates part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy enough product to understand. My store manager is caring enough to work around my schedule.

Cons

Ridiculous BPH and email capture expectations. The amount of stress put on employees to push product and coerce patrons to give up their email address is nonsense. Especially when compensated with such dismal pay.

Advice to Management

We are selling bras and panties here, not curing cancer. CALM. DOWN. Maybe if you weren't so eager to cut corners on product and stiff your employees on hourly wages then you would see the results you want. In the end Soma, you get what you pay for.