Soma Intimates - Love Soma | Glassdoor

"Love Soma"

Current Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Kingwood, TX
Current Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Kingwood, TX

I have been working at Soma Intimates part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for this company. The other people I work with are great everyone gets along with each other everyone's really kind. We are always having a good laugh I really enjoy this job ,very stress free.

Cons

I don't have any cons to discuss I'm pretty happy with my job and everything that comes with it.

Advice to Management

my advice for management would be let us have a pajama day since that is oh really big seller in the store.

Other Employee Reviews for Soma Intimates

1. "Great values, but company need some work"

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Lead in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Soma Intimates part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great values, value customers, great customer service, great customers

Cons

Varying hours, management (or lack of) issues, crappy pay

Advice to Management

Stop so much micromanaging
    Pay your employees better (compared to other stores in the same mall)

"Great products and good co-workers"

I have been working at Soma Intimates (More than a year)

Pros

Helping women find the right bra can be meaningful work - especially when the customer has never had a well fitting bra. There is no "one size fits all" bra, and every person's shape is different, so matching up the right bra to the right person can be a challenge...but when you get a great "match" it is worth the effort, and you get a customer who will come back time and time again.

Quality of bras, panties and apparel/sleepwear is very good for reasonable prices, great SAS sales.

Cons

Micro-managing DM who is very critical and does not inspire, motivate or lead (but she thinks she does). I know there are good DM's at Soma, but she is not one of them. I would have given 4 or 5 stars, but she brings down the rating.

Advice to Management

The new 85% email capture rate is ridiculous...in the "real world" of working at the store level, you will get pushback from customers who just do not want to get excess emails, including existing loyalty customers. I know of other retailers who have email capture goals but they do not "beat down" their employees when they do not achieve it, which is the message we are getting at Soma.

Also, internet returns are held against the store they are returned to, so when a customer goes crazy shopping online and then decides she spent too much, whatever she returns counts against your actual sales for that day. It becomes a big issue when the return is 3,4 or more bathing suits that can easily amount to $500.00 or more. So, even if you did make your sales goal for the day, when you factor in the returns, it looks like you did not, which affects the bottom line of the store. In my opinion, the internet returns should not be charged against the store, because at the end of the fiscal year you do not get an accurate picture of the actual sales, which is how we are judged.