Sonoma Partners - Fun place for developers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sonoma Partners

"Fun place for developers"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sonoma Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home
Different products to work on
Shown respect if you show respect
Lots of self motivation among coworkers

Cons

Sometimes you can get stuck on a product that is not fun for over a year
Your project managers can give you unrealistic deadlines

Other Employee Reviews for Sonoma Partners

"Strap in & get ready to learn a lot"

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Sonoma Partners full-time

Pros

Good benefits, lots of "perks" -- like fun company outings,
    Work with great people who will deliver above & beyond the client's expectations.
    Use the latest technology & stay ahead of the curve on development methodologies.
    Learn development in a "boutique" environment which you can translate into a big pay bump when you move on.
    Work from home 60% (with an asterisk)

Cons

Hours are very long, but the only way to get a good bonus/raise/promotion is to out-work the Gen-Y "lifers" -- think 60 as a baseline to advance here, and 45 to be a minimal week.
    Pay is on the low side
    People with families can't really take advantage of the outings & perks. Great if you're 20-something and have no kids, not so much if you would rather spend time with your kids.
    The "asterisk" on the work from home is really that you end up putting the time you would have saved on the commute into more billable hours. I work in an office 5 days a week now & my spouse says I am spending more time with the kids now than when I was home but locked in the office 10-12 hours.
    You're not going to see much in the way of a raise or promotion here. I put the "Career opportunities" as a 3/5 simply because you'll learn so much here your next position is going to be a lot better pay and a lot more responsibility.

Advice to Management

Provide some more clearly specified financial incentive for people working so many hours, instead of a nebulous promise of a bonus.
    Give people more security. I always felt like if I didn't live up to impossibly high standards I was getting fired the next day. I only saw one person leave in the years I was there for performance, yet I always felt like I or one of my friends were next.

"Intelligent, good people who care about employees and offer great benefits."

Current Employee - Consulting Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consulting Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sonoma Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work with smart, hardworking people. Everyone contributes and helps each other out. No red tape.
    Flexibility is hard to match. Overall benefits are top notch.
    Company has invested in additional practice areas with the future in mind.

Cons

It's consulting which can be stressful at times. Some clients are great but some are tough to deal with. It's not for everyone...