Sonora Quest Laboratories - A great place for your career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

"A great place for your career"

Current Employee - Clinical Lab Scientist in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Clinical Lab Scientist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits
Decent pay
Positive work environment and coworker relationships
Good communication
An excellent company to start and grow your career and to further your experience in the field of Medical Lab Science.

Cons

Sometimes there is to much trickle down from upper management to management to the tech. The current state of Healthcare Reform is causing a higher than normal stress level and morale is definitely being affected.

Advice to Management

Upper management should visit the individual labs much more often (currently as little as once a year) and try to talk to people on a more singular level and not at large meetings.

Other Employee Reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

1. "Sonora Quest Laboratories is the best employer anywhere."

Current Employee - Billing in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Billing in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Well SQL/Banner clearly has the best benefit package you could ask for. Our senior management team is always available to us and very down to earth we don't feel like they are snotty and uptight. When you pass them in the hallway they always great me with a smile and a warm Hello, how are you doing and then pause to hear your response.

Cons

Not enough opportunities for advancement for those who have years of experience who might not have a 4 year degree. I once saw someone prompted with a degree in Art History over another employee with 25+ years in the field. Now I have to ask who is of more value to the company? Clearly the person who has been doing the work for so many years.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you are doing, protect us all throughout the rough road in the financial world. I believe in Dave Dexter and am thankful he is our CEO.

2. "Solid and comfortable place to work, little option to move up in company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible shifts available and locations throughout the state. Management has experience in the lab and is helpful in dealing with issues that arise.

Cons

It is very difficult to move up in the company. There is no emphasis placed on education for promotions, only experience.

Advice to Management

Work with employee's so they have the knowledge and experience to move up and excel. Accept education as a positive in addition to experience.