Sonora Quest Laboratories - great workplace, enjoy being there | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

"great workplace, enjoy being there"

Current Employee - MLS in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - MLS in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

professional environment, best workplace, enjoyable workplace

Cons

none, it is a nice workplace

Advice to Management

The dress code: Scrubs are most welcome but lately employees have made so many changes in their scrubs that it is difficult to figure out wether it is a scrub or not. Why can't there be a STRICT dress code, JUST LIKE BANNERHEALTH(parent company), of one color and same top/pant? No variations, no alteration. If it is not acceptable to an employee, thay can leave. In this economy, there are many more seeking jobs to replace those who try to constantly violate company dress code.
Thank you.

Other Employee Reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

1. "Quality Matters"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I never have a problem getting my tests completed in a timely manner. The phlebotomists are kind and explain the process completely.

Cons

Walk ins welcome but they wait to long even with staff working hard.

Advice to Management

Should be appointment only to eliminate the walk in wait.

2. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hours are great, employees are very friendly, some room to move up.

Cons

Communication. Lack of consitancy in supervisors.

Advice to Management

Communication needs to be improved. When changes are made, they should immediately be sent to the people that are doing the work. Not from the director, to the manager, to the supervisor, and then the team lead. This way everyone is on the same page and the change is not open to interpretation.

Also, it is very frustrating trying to get answers to questions when you cannot go right to the source. The whole chain of command thing works for grievances or problems, but when you need a answer to an issue that is in front of you right now, why do we need to go thru our supervisor, who then has to talk to a manager, who then has to talk to a director/department/ or person responsible, who gets an answer, gives it back to the manager, who then gives it to the supervisor, and then back to you. It is very frustrating sometimes, causes errors, wastes time, and aggrivates patients if they are waiting.

We as team leads were told that our sites would be like "our store's" to do with as we like so long as it falls within SOP and was moral/ethical. Our supervisor still micromanages. She makes dicissions for us without input from me or the team. Its just confusing, we go to meeting and the upper management team is excited about all the changes and how we are going to have so much more control over the site, but when it comes down to it, the supervisor still does everthing. Just for example, I did not get to sit in on my new hire's interview as I was told. I was just told I was getting a new hire. This person, while a comptitant phlebotomist, did not fit the team well and from my experience with her as a temp, I would not have given my approval.