Sonora Quest Laboratories - Excellent values-driven, Lean Six Sigma-based healthcare company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

"Excellent values-driven, Lean Six Sigma-based healthcare company"

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time

Pros

Our CEO's mission is to be an industry driver of technology, rather than a follower. SQL is involved in several pilots to define and develop the best patient and physician experience. Employees who embrace the pace feel energized and positively driven by the mission and values.

Cons

There are so many changes in healthcare, the pressures can seem insurmountable.

Advice to Management

Our industry is faced with the same brain-drain resulting from retiring talent with which all industries struggle. Our company has a fledgling knowledge management process, but the program doesn't get top-down support. When people in key positions leave, they are rarely asked by their leaders to make the effort to proactively transfer their knowledge. In this area, SQL seems to be sticking their head in the sand like most other technology-driven companies.

Other Employee Reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

1. "I love the culture at SQL. We live our values, and positively affect patient's lives everyday."

Pros

Sonora Quest has great benefits, leadership training, community service focus, quality awards, Six Sigma focus, and is all accross the state. I feel so lucky to work here. We are growing in a tough economy, something not most Arizona companies can say.

Cons

It is hard to find downsides. The company has had mandatory PTO, but they did this to preserve jobs. Some of the IT systems need to be improved as well.

Advice to Management

Thank you for offering leadership training. This has helped me in my job. Please keep listening to the employees for more great ideas. Good job on getting the Ethics awards.

2. "Why work at Sonora Quest"

Pros

They are an organization that has a clear goal and vision that could be reflected in their day to day activities

Cons

They are not adept to change. Many of the mid level management practices are those carried over from old business ways. They are not interested in revolutionizing their structure

Advice to Management

Take advantage of the young and innovative talent that is coming your way. Incorporate it with old and proven methodologies to increase employee satisfaction and organizational profitability