Sonora Quest Laboratories - Great Company to Work For, Not-So-Great Work Hours | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

"Great Company to Work For, Not-So-Great Work Hours"

Current Employee - MLS I in Glendale, AZ
Current Employee - MLS I in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, Good working environment, Enjoyable work duties

Cons

Overnight work schedule is too difficult at this location- 5 eight-hour shifts with one day off every other week. This is hard to do working days, much less on night shift. It would be much better to have the option of 4 ten-hour days or 3 twelve-hour days. The morning and evening shifts both have ten-hour shifts available to most employees but it's not offered for the night shift. The overnight shift is a very difficult one to work at any rate, but this particular schedule is really a challenge.
Other than the schedule, the only thing I have noticed is one coordinator who I feel lacks effective communication skills and positive leadership. The rest of the coordinators otherwise are very helpful, knowledgeable and professional.

Advice to Management

I believe working out a schedule that the employees have been asking for (4 ten-hour shifts) would help with employee retention and longetivity in this location.
I feel that ALL coordinators should be held to the same standards of professionalism and leadership. If an individual in a leadership role is not up to professional standards (or upholding company values), then they should receive further training and then demonstrate positive leadership skills to maintain this position.

Other Employee Reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

"Sonora Quest over-promises and under-delivers."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Sonora Quest is a large company that has had minimal layoffs during the recession. There is a strong amount of job security for most positions.

Cons

This company represents an "old-boys" club. There are only two women in the upper-most level of management (out of 14 positions). All but two departments within the company are lead by men. Women are largely under-represented in all management levels. This is reprehensible given that over 60% of employees are women. It is almost impossible to move up in this company as a female employee.

Also, in the past few years employee compensation packages have been severely reduced, while the management teams still receive their annual bonuses. The company places a large focus on the results of the annual "employee satisfaction survey" and being one of the "best places to work" in Arizona, but does little other than issue company memos to employees when results are less than favorable.

2. "Good Leadership"

Current Employee - Medical Lab Tech II in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Medical Lab Tech II in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to move up within the company.

Cons

Health benefits are administered by Banner health. There are MANY Dr.’s in the area that will not work with our insurance.