Sonora Quest Laboratories - Best Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Best Place to Work"

Pros

Benefits - Our benefits are better than most companies
Values - The majority of the people in this company live the values
Perks - Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate and annual performance bonus
Team Environment - most of us know that we are all in this together. That makes a difference.
Community Service - Sonora Quest allows their employees to participate in community service
Community Support - SQL support the community through various programs
Career Advancement - If you want to advance the opportunity is there if you can do the work

Cons

Pay - Pay is good, but does not match current market according to the BLS
HR - HR is not independent of the parent and cannot act on their own - causes employee conflict
ATM System - Current attendance system is a negative for employees who do their part

Advice to Management

Go back to leaving attendance up to the Sup/Mgr to track, get rid of the ATM system. This was designed for juveniles, not hard working adults.
Executive Leadership - Support the front line workers visibly and visit with employees on the floor more often.
I love my job and this company, I have passed up other offers to stay here because of our Executive Management team and the dynamic of this company. It is an excellent place to work, thank you.

Other Employee Reviews for Sonora Quest Laboratories

1. "Excellent values-driven, Lean Six Sigma-based healthcare company"

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time

Pros

Our CEO's mission is to be an industry driver of technology, rather than a follower. SQL is involved in several pilots to define and develop the best patient and physician experience. Employees who embrace the pace feel energized and positively driven by the mission and values.

Cons

There are so many changes in healthcare, the pressures can seem insurmountable.

Advice to Management

Our industry is faced with the same brain-drain resulting from retiring talent with which all industries struggle. Our company has a fledgling knowledge management process, but the program doesn't get top-down support. When people in key positions leave, they are rarely asked by their leaders to make the effort to proactively transfer their knowledge. In this area, SQL seems to be sticking their head in the sand like most other technology-driven companies.

2. "I love the culture at SQL. We live our values, and positively affect patient's lives everyday."

Pros

Sonora Quest has great benefits, leadership training, community service focus, quality awards, Six Sigma focus, and is all accross the state. I feel so lucky to work here. We are growing in a tough economy, something not most Arizona companies can say.

Cons

It is hard to find downsides. The company has had mandatory PTO, but they did this to preserve jobs. Some of the IT systems need to be improved as well.

Advice to Management

Thank you for offering leadership training. This has helped me in my job. Please keep listening to the employees for more great ideas. Good job on getting the Ethics awards.