SoulCycle - Front Desk Staff | Glassdoor

"Front Desk Staff"

Current Employee - Front Desk Staff
Current Employee - Front Desk Staff

Pros

Atmosphere is amazing. It really is a community. The staff and instructors are not clique-y whatsoever. We are one big family and actually hangout outside of work. The instructors are all fantastic and super nice. The managers trust our judgement calls on cancellations and other situations. You are encouraged to bend the rules a little if it will resolve a rider's problem. The riders are generally friendly and understanding. We have trainings on brand, hospitality, sound systems, and the bikes as a staff every once in a while. As an employee you get free classes and 30% off of retail items. At the end of every month they also have a 50-60% off staff sale for that month's collection. As far as advancement, you can become a key holder, ASM, or SM from a studio standpoint. The brand is expanding very quickly, so management opportunities are growing.

Cons

The only thing I don't love is that as a front desk agent, you cannot work full-time hours. In my studio, they don't allow you to get more than 25-28 hours per week. I wish I could work full-time here instead of having to get a second job.

Actual training was one day of a manager showing where things are and describing basic policies. The rest was learning on the fly by working shifts or self-training segments on The Wheel.

Advice to Management

Maybe a little more in-depth training upfront, but other than that keep doing what your doing! Love the management team at my studio!

Other Employee Reviews for SoulCycle

"Front Desk"

Former Employee - Front Desk Staff in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Front Desk Staff in New York, NY

I worked at SoulCycle part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Obviously, the people you work with are a huge part of why I loved SoulCycle. You work with a great group of people that become friends. It's fun and fast paced.

The hours are flexible and easy to pick up a lot of OT. People are always switching schedules.

It's a great place to work if you are in college

Cons

SoulCycle has become completely different since I was there. The culture has shifted from a warm, organic environment to a money hungry cult.

Underpay staff, work the management like dogs. Why are you open on holidays? It's a spin class. You shouldn't add more classes for your instructors to teach. Let them enjoy their lives

You are paying almost $40 for a 45 minute spin class that isn't taught by anyone with a physical education background.

It's easy to get stuck working for SoulCycle because it's fun.

Advice to Management

Hire instructors that aren't looking to be idolized or are pretty, but have the knowledge to actually teach a fitness class.

Managers should make way more money if they are working almost 7 days a week!

Give more people the chance to be promoted to corporate. There are so many people that love the brand, but never get chance to be more than Front Desk due to 'popularity'

Think about the longevity of the company

"Zero balance, mostly fun"

I worked at SoulCycle part-time

Pros

Super fun and high energy atmosphere, shifts fly by and you have a lot of fun, and you make lasting connections with both staff and clients - I actually was poached by a client to be an executive assistant. Truly visionary and inspiring Founders Julie and Elizabeth have cultivated a wonderful environment thats very female driven.

Cons

Upper management will suck you dry of all your gifts and talents and when you ask to be acknowledged or compensated for going above and beyond, your needs are disregarded. Melanie Whelan has changed the energy and tone of the company in a negative way. The neighborhood heart of the company is gone and it is a money grubbing machine now.

Advice to Management

None.