SoundBite Communications - Great people, interesting products; some challenges, but a fun company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SoundBite Communications

"Great people, interesting products; some challenges, but a fun company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Pros

The upsides to working at SoundBite are the potential for company growth, interesting products & technology, and the very smart, competent, and friendly co-workers. Also, there is generally a very reasonable respect for family issues and work/life balance. There is usually no pressure to work long hours or weekends, aside from normal crunch time that arises anywhere.

Cons

No ESPP, no employer contributions to 401(k), secretive management style of senior management, weak performance review process, ill-defined bonus plans. This company has been around a while, so there is no longer the "fire" that you see behind a young startup (some may consider that a positive, I suppose).

Advice to Management

Look for ways to involve/inform employees beyond the 2-3 company meetings/year.

Other Employee Reviews for SoundBite Communications

"Room for growth"

Pros

Smart people, OK Benefits, Room for growth, learned a lot, clear communication from c-level team, marketing team was talented and smart.

Cons

Worked many hours with not many work from home opportunities, no 401k match, company is no near many restaurants and things to do on lunch break

Advice to Management

Consider offering some more work from home opportunities for employees.
    Continue to be clear and direct about expectations and the growth of the company

"People are great. Product structure is stuck in the 90's"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant

I worked at SoundBite Communications (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people there are awesome. Made a lot of friends mainly because there is a "we are all in this together" attitude.

Cons

Pay stinks. You work tons of overtime on fire-drill after fire-drill (its a regular occurrence) but there is no compensation for it. Raises are minimal. The sales people that some of us had to work with are complete jerks. They demand immediate work on their clients because they are the ones making the buck off of them. We never got any profit sharing when we did all the work.

Advice to Management

Incentive, pay raises, overtime pay!!! I left because I worked 60 hours a week and was treated like a slave.
    Went to a company that paid better.