Source Interlink - Miserable place - Bonita Springs Fl | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Source Interlink

"Miserable place - Bonita Springs Fl"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bonita Springs, FL

I worked at Source Interlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good insurance. Plenty of vacation days and paid holidays

Cons

Really some of the most miserable people I have ever met in one building or maybe in just one department.Little communication from upper management to employees about anything including the status of the business. Decent benefits but employees constantly walked around as if the sky was falling. Granted that there were layoffs and salary freezes but the ones remaining still had a job. A lot of young people with little real world work experience and it shows. Little training and support. Very cliquish. HR unresponsive or non-existent. Very happy I got out before the pay cuts started.

Other Employee Reviews for Source Interlink

1. "In the time that I have been here, I've found that Source is a very professional and dynamic work environment."

Current Employee - Senior Tech Editor in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Tech Editor in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Source Interlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros are working with people who are so knowledgable and enthusiastic about the subject matter, and the support and resources provided by the company to do the job.

Cons

As a staff member on one of the smaller publications, I sometimes worry that such a big company like Source might at some point decide that a smaller magazine is not beneficial enough to keep.

Advice to Management

As an editor and writer, I sometimes feel that the office/cubicle arrangement is a little too out in the open for me to be as creative and efficient as I can be. I do not need a private office, but some cubicle dividers maybe. Certainly nothing major though.

"Where to begin..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bonita Springs, FL

I worked at Source Interlink full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not many pros to speak of. One good thing is that it's based in Bonita Springs, FL. Some managers are not autocratic. Most employees are friendly.

Cons

This will never be considered a "preferred" company. There is way too much nepotism. It's not what or how you work that matters, it's who you know and how well you're liked. Hard work and loyalty don't count at all.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves and let valued employees run the company.