Sourcefire - Generous, Supportive | Glassdoor

"Generous, Supportive"

I have been working at Sourcefire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have not had any experiences like the those noted in the review from January 30. In fact, we just got back from a company-wide meeting and feel quite the opposite, strongly enough to add this review. My managers listen and empower teams to great things. What's more, personally, I have never seen anything inappropriate that deviates from company values or needed to be concealed or covered up. Hopefully, few others have either. And for the record HR, has always been fine to work with.

Let me finish by saying that many of us are approached by head-hunters often, yet are very happy here and plan to stick around for a good while. And I am very confident that nearly everybody at Sourcefire agrees.

Cons

The cons I have seen tend to fall into the trivial category -- they are present for sure, no workplace is without them, but they aren't really an issues given the pros that far, far outweigh them.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on security - which we have been doing - to ensure we always remain focused on keeping threats at bay.

Other Employee Reviews for Sourcefire

1. "Another great company and culture disappears"

I worked at Sourcefire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I on the whole very much enjoyed working for Sourcefire.

Cons

A constant need to grow the business without taking into account local conditions.

2. "Working at Sourcefire is very satisfying."

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Sourcefire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

At Sourcefire we provide industry-leading computer network intrusion prevention systems. Our Technical Support department has been widely recognized as one of the best in the industry. We pride ourselves on having the first point of contact for a customer with a problem being someone with the expertise that would require multiple escalations to higher levels at most other support organizations.

Management at Sourcefire is very supportive of its employees, providing opportunities for training and advancement at every turn.

Cons

Sourcefire was acquired by Cisco Systems about a year ago. The structure of Sourcefire technical support was very different from that of Cisco technical support. Integrating the two organizations has been challenging. Additionally, we have heard from numerous Sourcefire customers that they don't want their previous experiences with Sourcefire support to change, putting more pressure on us to figure out how to continue to provide that experience within a very different internal structure.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure how this could be addressed, but the perception from Sourcefire customers has been that their support experience will be less satisfying after Sourcefire is fully integrated with Cisco. I realize that modifying Cisco procedures and corporate culture is unlikely to happen, but some effort to maintain the Sourcefire attitude toward customer support would be a very good idea.