South Moon Under - Fun | Glassdoor

"Fun"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bethesda, MD
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at South Moon Under part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, the merchandise is great, you get good discounts

Cons

You barely make any money and all the money you make you end up spending on their clothing!

Advice to Management

be nice

Other Employee Reviews for South Moon Under

"Overworked and Underpaid"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin, MD

I have been working at South Moon Under full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good about this company.

Cons

No structure, no forward-thinking, no reason to be motivated... In fact the building we work in is very uninspiring... Upper management has no concerns about employee satisfaction nor do they care that they do not offer a sustainable living wage. Unfortunately this company is run similar to a plantation where certain employees can do whatever they want while others have to cover for them and do the work of two or even three employees without the respectable compensation.

South Moon Under Response

Oct 8, 2013 – Director HR

Wow, I'm sorry you feel this way. If you feel this strongly about your position and the environment in which you work, this should be discussed with your department head or myself, Human Resources ... More

2. "It was a great experience, and everyone I met who worked with me or with the company was helpful and friendly."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at South Moon Under part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are able to learn in a small, but growing setting. You get to meet and know everyone from different associates to everyone from headquarters. It's an up close experience of a great retail company and how they run business. Everything is straight-forward and the scene is typical for retail but also laid back when it allows it.

Cons

Since they are still fairly small, the corporate opportunities are slim in comparison to larger, more corporate retailers. Sometimes communication can provide problems in the daily business and scheduling/employment shortage was an issue.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing! My only suggestion would include to look more in-depth with recruiting. There's some great talent out there if you took the time to search for it.