KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 8 years

Culture

Apr 10, 2021 - P&D Driver in North Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stable company with good benefits. Most leaders are pretty good at their jobs and treat employees with respect. The 401k match is generous. They've extended solid pay raises every year that I've worked here.

Cons

No overtime pay after 40 hours although, this is changing. They will start to pay time and a half after 45 hours starting mid April 2021. Long hours-usually about a 50 hour work week for P&D drivers. Some of the management team are incompetent. The company doesn't publish company policy with employees. For example: Try to locate the Bereavement Leave policy. Good luck! I asked my leader where I could locate it as I had a death in the family recently. He told me that it isn't available. I asked if he could print it off or email so I could review it. He informed me he wasn't allowed. When I asked about taking leave the Operation Manager told me I couldn't take Bereavement Leave unless I was going to attend the funeral. This is the culture that the company often touts as their strength. Apparently few people do a good job because the leaders are short on praise.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

SEFL

Nov 9, 2021 - Outbound Freight Handler
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company that treats you fairly

Cons

Long hours, dealing with outside conditions

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Job

Oct 17, 2021 - Freight Handler
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and enjoyable job. Relatively simple work.

Cons

Working in the extreme winter and summer months outside are not always enjoyable.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Southeastern Freight Lines.