Southern California Edison - Early learning experiences stayed with me thoughout my life and I grateful for that. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison

"Early learning experiences stayed with me thoughout my life and I grateful for that."

Former Employee - Senior Acct, Senior Mat'l Hndlr, Mail Ops, Doc Management, Outage Support in San Clemente, CA

I worked at Southern California Edison full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Never bored so many departments, so much opportunity to learn.

Cons

Never enough time in the day to learn

Advice to Management

Give everyone a chance.

Other Employee Reviews for Southern California Edison

1. "Good Company to work for long term, right now in the middle of Reorganization"

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Irwindale, CA
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Irwindale, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

really good benefits package, many people have worked here for decades toward retirement.

Cons

In the middle of Reorganization and layoffs right now. Future doesn't look as stable as it once was. The next year or so will prove that one way or another

Advice to Management

keep focus on clear direction for the company and divisions communicating it clearly to division staff members without vague management lingo. It's easier to get behind a leader when there is clear direction where we are going.

2. "SCE , A great company that provides a critical service"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Rosemead, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Rosemead, CA

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong history,employees that care for customers,, take pride in the company and the important service the company provides. Good pay and benefits a chance to experience many careers while working for one company.

Cons

Although trying to make positive change, still too much favoritism and politics. Making change, but not well communicated. Relying too much on consultants rather than truly identifying inernal talent, then tasking the "right" leadership with a goal and principles and they will deliver. HR is broken and it seems to be getting worse.

Advice to Management

You have a tremendous amount of talent. Use them. Move and stretch leaders. Be less concerned with meeting diversity numbers Focus. On getting the best person in the job with the right skills, experience and education.