Southern California Edison - Hiring Process For Socal Edison | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison

"Hiring Process For Socal Edison"

Current Employee - Customer Specialist
Current Employee - Customer Specialist

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Edison is a great company to work for. All the employees are very friendly and make you feel at home right away. They have great benefits: Medical, Dental 401k, Pension etc. You automatically get 2 weeks vacation to start or more depending on the position your applying for. You can also purchase additional vacation time with pretax deductions on your check. =)

Cons

Sometimes it gets very busy and its very stressful. Your dealing with lots of upset customers and they naturally want answers asap. If it gets very busy they may call mandatory overtime with little to no notice.

Other Employee Reviews for Southern California Edison

"Depends on your priorities. Perfect for people with families."

Pros

Nice people, great work/life balance, well paid job

Cons

Slow moving, incredibly change-resistant, and old fashioned

"Cushy gig, but if you are young. ambitious, and want to move quickly it's probably not the right culture for you."

Current Employee - Financial Analyst I
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst I

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Above market pay for the hours and the work in my group was genuinely interesting. Not a bad place to work if you want a solid 9-5 and you're more interested in life outside of work than rapid career progression. My understanding is there are large variances between groups. In my group the managers and people were nice, intelligent, and truly did care but were also bound by the limits of the overall corporate structure.

Cons

I was in a young group, but outside of my group the average age is a few years shy of a retirement home. Especially with budget cuts, opportunities to truly advance are limited and lengthy with length of service being #1 over merit. Potential to get pigeonholed on multi-year projects building skills that wouldn't be useful outside of a utility. Moves at a governmental pace.