Southern California Edison - Depends on your priorities. Perfect for people with families. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Southern California Edison

"Depends on your priorities. Perfect for people with families."

Pros

Nice people, great work/life balance, well paid job

Cons

Slow moving, incredibly change-resistant, and old fashioned

Other Employee Reviews for Southern California Edison

"Cushy gig, but if you are young. ambitious, and want to move quickly it's probably not the right culture for you."

Current Employee - Financial Analyst I
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst I

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Above market pay for the hours and the work in my group was genuinely interesting. Not a bad place to work if you want a solid 9-5 and you're more interested in life outside of work than rapid career progression. My understanding is there are large variances between groups. In my group the managers and people were nice, intelligent, and truly did care but were also bound by the limits of the overall corporate structure.

Cons

I was in a young group, but outside of my group the average age is a few years shy of a retirement home. Especially with budget cuts, opportunities to truly advance are limited and lengthy with length of service being #1 over merit. Potential to get pigeonholed on multi-year projects building skills that wouldn't be useful outside of a utility. Moves at a governmental pace.

"Thought it was a good place.....not at this time"

I have been working at Southern California Edison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good opportunities were there. Although people are not used to working typically in the company, if you want to contribute there was scope to learn and do what you want. Good benefits.

Cons

Going through reorgs and downsizing right now. Lack of ethics and values especially in senior management trying to keep their positions and their favourites, blaming and deceiving employees to set them up and push them out, keeping consultants on payroll. Network based. No growth.

Advice to Management

Stand by your good performing people that you brought on to do the work and recognize them, thats true leadership and thats what pays off. Being humane is more than just talking about it, takes courage and humility. Don't discriminate for your favourites, ignoring their faults, and blaming it on unsuspecting employees making them helpless. You say feedback and concerns are addressed and encouraged but in the end thats just to make it career limiting and string people along and retaliate against them.