Southern Refrigerated Transport - Company was great before it was acquired. | Glassdoor
  1. "Company was great before it was acquired."

Former Employee - Driver in Texarkana, AR

I worked at Southern Refrigerated Transport full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dedicated Routes had great home time. Loads was dispatched on time. No questions asked if the truck had a problem, it would be fixed. Pay was great.

Cons

Forced dispatch (I didn't mind because my dedicated loads was picking up or going to the same places.) Health Insurance was expensive (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arkansas)

Advice to Management

If there are more than one load leaving a facility, delivering to the same destination at the same appointment, and one of those loads is ready, and you're the first to arrive. It would make since to redispatch the truck on load availability. I've sat for over 4 hours waiting on a pickup, while there was loads available. I picked up my load after waiting, delivered it, and returned while the same load from the batch was...

Southern Refrigerated Transport2018-12-22

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Very efficient company"

Current Employee - Owner Operator in Texarkana, AR

I have been working at Southern Refrigerated Transport for more than 3 years

Pros

The driver managers and all the staff that they operate with are really for the drivers. They will go out of their way to accommodate their drivers. They really listen to their drivers and also implement a lot of ideas that drivers have. They encourage you to come up with a better idea or way of doing things.

Cons

It might take you moving around on different accounts with different dms to really settle in

Advice to Management

Keep going in this positive way with the drivers and you will have happy drivers and an awesome bottom line.

Southern Refrigerated Transport2019-03-24
  2. "Truck Driver"

I worked at Southern Refrigerated Transport full-time

Pros

Pay was decent if you could manage your clock right.

Cons

long hours, you’re away from home.

Advice to Management

Communication needs work

Southern Refrigerated Transport2019-03-22

Discover more reviews about Southern Refrigerated Transport.