Southern States - Review | Glassdoor

"Review"

Former Employee - Cashier in Carrboro, NC
Former Employee - Cashier in Carrboro, NC

I worked at Southern States part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a great experience with great management and the environment was a very friendly environment. The store manager was a great manager who cared about every employee

Cons

There are few cons to working for this company. One of which is just customers in general, they would get very frustrated sometimes but that is to be expected.

Advice to Management

Keep of the good work and continue to value your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Southern States

1. "Thoroughly enjoyed working there."

Former Contractor - Graphic Designer, Art Director, Special Projects Coordinator in Richmond, VA

I worked at Southern States as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like the philosophy of the company...it's a farmer's cooperative. I worked with many creative people who were team players. I was also given several opportunities to expand and grow with the business, as I worked in a few different positions while there.

Cons

While I was there they purchased other businesses and I think got in over their head. They then started selling them off and downsizing. I was let go as a result.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Overall an Okay company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Pros

It is a solid company. They have ethics. There is good job security. They have a descent benefits package. The people are nice

Cons

No growth or development. You will not be promoted. There is no company culture. The company does not have even a company picnic. (There is one by the employee association, but you have be a member)

Advice to Management

Make decisions and lead. You are too scared to do something wrong so instead you do nothing.