Southern Wine & Spirits of America - Great seasonal job while it lasted!! | Glassdoor
  1. "Great seasonal job while it lasted!!"

Former Contractor - Warehouse Order Picker in Union City, CA

I worked at Southern Wine & Spirits of America

Pros

During the holiday seasons (Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan), seasonal employees are hired and paid $20.00 hourly. If you worked a full shift on Saturdays, our supervisor allowed us to pick 2 alcohol beverages (from a selection pallet) to take home. Best seasonal job I ever worked!!

Cons

On January 10th all seasonal workers are either laid off, hired permanent, or called back at a later time.

Advice to Management

Working with your management team back in 2013 as a warehouse order picker was a great experience for me. I hope nothing changed in 2017.

Southern Wine & Spirits of America2018-01-09
  1. "Pricing Manager"

I worked at Southern Wine & Spirits of America full-time

Pros

Great company with a lot of opportunities.

Cons

You do not get vacation until after a full year. Negotiate vacation ahead of time.

Southern Wine & Spirits of America2018-01-04
  2. "Wishy washy"

Current Employee - Cashier in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Southern Wine & Spirits of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Met some great people & life long friends

Cons

Managers & owners are flaky. Favoritisms all around the store. The guys get paid more than the girls do. They expect you to do more work than your title for no extra pay. No paid vacations or holidays. Only closed one day out the year.

Advice to Management

Choosing favorites isn’t fair. Stop picking on people who you don’t care for. Don’t be a manager when you want to be.

Southern Wine & Spirits of America2019-08-06

Discover more reviews about Southern Wine & Spirits of America.