Southwest Airlines - I used to be proud to work for Southwest Airlines, but very poor management changed all that. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

"I used to be proud to work for Southwest Airlines, but very poor management changed all that."

Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Nashville, TN

Pros

The best and only benefit was the free flights. This only applies if your single and you don't mind riding 3rd which I did not mind at all.If you are trying to fly with your family you better have a plan B,C,and a car rental on stand by.

Cons

At Nashville there was not enough open carts for the offload drivers, and where taken by others all the time.I got off my tug after my flight to get my next flight info. which took all of 4 minutes only to see my sup. given my carts away as my next flight was already on the ground. 87 transfer bags were put on a old narrow cart making it very unsafe, unstable, and had to be for the most part completely offloaded, reloaded at each transfer gate with no help at all. Management did make and waste the time in writing me up because some bags missed there connection.What a joke it was. Great job on there part for placing the blame on someone else. Don't make the same mistake I did and tell them you have medical issues and your a diabetic covered under the FMLA laws that are supposed to protect you. They will use that information to terminate you as well.

Advice to Management

After 8.5 years at Southwest I realize that SWA had given me a great chance,only to have POOR, Vindictive, Hateful management take it all away.I don't care what the cost is I personally will never fly, or recommend SWA to anyone at any time Ever. I ones was so proud to be a part of SWA,now I'm ashamed . There is no LUV anymore.

Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines

"Incredible company to work for!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Burbank, CA

Pros

Flexible schedule, AWESOME benefit package, best pay in the industry!

Cons

Working holidays and having to stay late for delayed flights. Being yelled at by customers, for things clearly out of your control.

Advice to Management

Don't forget that you most likely came up through the ranks, be kind and offer support to the 'front line troops!'

"Chaotic, fast paced development environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Good people, fun work environment, casual setting, they really do care about people and the community. There are a lot of passionate people to help ignite your own passion.

Cons

If you really just want to do a job and go home you do not always fit in as well as if you spend a lot of social time with workers.