Southwest Airlines - Great employer, but not perfec | Glassdoor

"Great employer, but not perfec"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ability to make a difference, senior management listens to all ideas for improvement, genuine care for employees, competitive salary, awesome benefits, cash bonus offered for reaching certain metrics

Cons

If you're not male with a director or above title in certain departments, you're almost invisible or treated as irrelevant. Lots of "good ol' boy" clubs. Have to pick the right department if you want to be promoted as a female, or you have to be a "B" if you want to be noticed.

Advice to Management

Look for talented females who get things done without being a shrew. Promote them.

Southwest Airlines2017-01-15

Southwest Airlines Response

February 7, 2017Specialist

Our People are our greatest asset, and it is our goal to support our Employees and our Customers who come from all walks of life. We do not tolerate discrimination, bullying, retaliation or harassment, and you can be sure we will look into the situation. Please contact us at People.Feedback@wnco.com ...

1. "Really Great Experience"

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time

Pros

- Benefits are amazing - Culture is driven but relaxed

Cons

- Some technology is a little outdated but they are addressing that

Southwest Airlines2019-09-14
  2. "Best job I've ever had, especially after coming back to work after 20 years of raising my kids"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great flexibility, great benefits, fabulous co-hearts who work together to make our jobs fun and our customers happy!

Cons

You do start at the bottom and gain more benefits like better flexibility in schedules etc with seniority, but that's to be expected.

Advice to Management

Thank you for encouraging and allowing new hires to come from different ethnicities, older people coming back to work or after retiring from other jobs to continue their careers.

Southwest Airlines2019-09-13

Discover more reviews about Southwest Airlines.