Southwest Airlines - Great company to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

"Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager
Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at Southwest Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and perks, empowered employees, opportunity for advancement, play hard and work hard, lots of training opportunities. Treat employees VERY well! Incredible culture. Truly a company that you can start and end your career with, especially if you are willing to relocate for promotions.

Cons

Lower pay for corporate positions than at other Fortune 500 companies

Advice to Management

Consider increasing salaries. It's disheartening to spend years working for a company you love and watch people who left the company come back and get higher salaries. The motivation is to leave SWA and come back to get any kind of measurable salary increase.

Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines

"It's no Disneyland....."

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working in an environment where there is essentially no dress code and the ability to fly for free.

Cons

Leadership appears to have little focus or direction beyond keeping themselves employed and as a result many 'important' projects are abandoned at the eleventh hour after hundreds of man hours have already been invested. Instead of addressing employment issues directly they pile project after project onto unwanted employees to pressure them to leave or to build a case for termination.

Advice to Management

Focus Focus Focus. If you have a problem with an employee address it and move on. Your passive aggressive behavior is having a huge negative impact on morale.

2. "LUV AIRLINE"

Current Employee - Reservations
    Current Employee - Reservations

Pros

Southwest Airlines is the best company that I have ever worked for. There truly is LUV flowing throughout this family of people that I have come to know. I have worked for the company now for several years and have made life long friends. The travel benefits could not be better. Our direct supervisors are great and truly encourage us to do our best.....It feels as if you want to make them proud! We truly are lucky to have the benefits that we do!

Cons

There is nobody here in this department. You come in and nobody is here anymore because they have been fired (NO LAY OFFS FOR SWA) :) We constantly are listening to our passengers tell us about how long they had to wait on hold and it makes for a long day. Our VP has talked a lot on AHT(Average Handling Time)-----Suddenly we have become another airline that I don't recognize.....Although my AHT is under my teams average......some of my friends are not. (We are becoming an airline that has AHT ....just like an airline that is named after this country!

Advice to Management

Please post the following sign......

HELP WANTED.....APPLY WITHIN........HAHA