Southwest Airlines - I do IT 4 LUV! | Glassdoor

"I do IT 4 LUV!"

Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Dallas, TX

Pros

Freedom to be myself and explore the best way to do my job. Flexible work schedule and casual environment. My boss trusts me to get my job done with no micro-management. It is an environment of trust and productivity. I have been here over a decade and I plan to retire here. I love this company and its people. Keep drinking the Kool-aid!

Cons

The fervor to accomplish the impossible can be tiring sometimes. We work hard, play harder, but sometimes you just run out of the juice. It's okay - cause you can get some time to recover :)

Advice to Management

Listen, listen, listen, and don't try too hard to fix what isn't broken!

Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines

"I LUV working for SWA!"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Oakland, CA

Pros

SWA takes care of their employee's! SWA knows that the employee is just as important as the customer. SWA is upfront in its communications to the employee's and will tell it like it is either good or bad!

Cons

Really ... I cant think of any cons worth mentioning specifically. Like all jobs there are days that are trying but that is with any job.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the employee's. Continue to seek our input like you have done in the past. Take our suggestion's, review them and put the good ones in place like you have in the past!

"An extremely rewarding and enjoyable experience"

Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

Pros

The respect that you receive at any rank within the company is not comparable with any other experience I have had to date.

Cons

The only reason this would be a bad place to work is if you 1) need fast career growth 2) need a high-salary pay check

Advice to Management

not in a position to offer. anyone that can have the chance to observe a well run business like SWA definitely should!