Southwest Airlines - SWA is a Company employees are proud to work for. SWA is good for the employees and the communities it serves. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

"SWA is a Company employees are proud to work for. SWA is good for the employees and the communities it serves."

Current Employee - Technology Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Technology Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

The Culture, the People, the health benefits, the flight benefits.

Cons

I've been with the Company almost 20 years. It's been challenging trying to keep the family culture since it has grown.

Advice to Management

Keep working just as hard as the individual contributors. You all are great role models.

Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines

1. "SWA is THE BEST!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative In Customer Support & Services in San Antonio, TX

Pros

A real sense of family amongst us, both locally, and including all of our "extended departments." Especially prominent with those of us that have been with the company for 25 plus years. We have grown up together: worked hard, played harder, and survived many marriages, divorces, and children, (born, raised, and now a 3rd generation of future SWA employees) It is quite common to have several family members all working for SWA.

Cons

The reality of growth and technology in a competitive industry. Trying to expand and thrive, yet maintain our "Southwest Culture."

Advice to Management

Take care of us, and we will pay it forward to internal and external customers threefold.

2. "Very good company on its wayy to being a GREAT company"

Current Employee - Finance in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Finance in Dallas, TX

Pros

The culture is fantastic ... truely one of a kind .. it is a very family / employee oriented company.

Cons

Without sacrificing culture, the company needs to grow from the mom & pop airline of 30 years ago to the big company that it is presently. Growth means in the case the empowerment of people to do their jobs without so much oversight from the senior management team. The senior management team is way too envolved in the daily decision making versus focusing primarily on the strategic focus of the company.

Advice to Management

To the "C" Suite ... trust your VPs and Directors to do their job and make the right decisions ... quite micro managing ...