Employee Review

Current Employee

AWESOME

Jun 16, 2021 - Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best place to work in the world

Cons

There are no cons for me

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Fun Loving Company

Jul 27, 2021 - Logistic Supply Material Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment, flexible schedules, room for growth , employee appreciation, great benefits and 401k match

Cons

Flight benefits are good but not enough non stop routes. Less locations to relocate to for career opportunities.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Southwest Airlines, Unparalleled Opportunities

Jun 23, 2021 - Senior Avionics Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pros of working at Southwest Airlines (SWA) were too numerous to count. We worked hard, but had fun & there was always a true family atmosphere. There were also unlimited possibilities for learning & growing in your career & at all levels I always felt I had just as much authority & autonomy as I was willing to work for & take on. I was with SWA for 24 1/2 years & worked in a wide range of maintenance related jobs & environments, starting as an A&P Mechanic & ending as an Avionics Engineer. I never would have left if SWA hadn't offered a stellar early-out package in response to the COVID crisis which enabled a long dreamed of move to Ireland.

Cons

I can honestly only think of one minor downside to working for SWA. When I started we had a fleet of about 200 aircraft. When I left it was a fleet of about 700. There was a very, very tight family atmosphere when I started & some of that was lost with the growth. Note that I said some, it was still very much present, just diminished, an unavoidable side effect of growth. The bottom line is that SWA always was & remains an exceptional work place. I never would have left if they hadn't offered a stellar early-out package in response to the COVID crisis which enabled a long dreamed of move to Ireland.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Southwest Airlines.