Southwest Airlines - Great Leadership, Great People, Great Company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

"Great Leadership, Great People, Great Company"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX

Pros

The leadership, the culture and the people. Every employee is made to feel valued and appreciated on a daily basis. Not only by your managers and supervisors but by the leaders of the company. My 27 year old daughter says I go to daycare and not work everyday.

Cons

Vacation is a bit lame. Most companies have moved from vacation and sick benefits to PTO. It's difficult to hire for a senior position and offer only 2 weeks vacation. (3 weeks after 5 years)

Advice to Management

Move from Vacation and Sick to PTO. In my opinion this company is doing everything else right!

Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines

"Ten on a scale of Five."

Current Employee - Reservation Sales Agent in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Reservation Sales Agent in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Industry leading benefits, a healthy relationship between management and unions, a profitsharing plan backed by three decades of unbroken profit, and a positive, supportive environment! I don't think I've ever seen such a hearty welcome to new employees, nor have I seen so many people thinking like owners of the company, taking responsibility and ownership of how we serve our Customers and maintain our Culture, which is one of the keys to our success. With few exceptions, most of our people were "Living the Southwest Way" before they even knew what it was.

Cons

Baggage Service. I'd really like to see our numbers improve in this area.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. LUV you from the bottom up!

2. "Great place to work, plan to stay until retirement"

Current Employee - Flight Dispatcher in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Flight Dispatcher in Dallas, TX

Pros

The company really seems to care about you as a person, not just a worker. They provide job security, good pay, great benefits, and a strong culture, all of which attract quality coworkers. Our senior leaders are very strong, and I have full confidence in their ability to keep us on the right track in a very difficult industry.

Cons

Unless you're at Headquarters or in management, it's mostly unionized. I hate unions, but I'm all but forced to be a member because my office is union. Overall our unions aren't nearly as militant as unions at many other companies, so it's not that bad. However, I get very little feedback on my job performance, good or bad. I have some great coworkers and some lousy ones, but we all get treated the same, and the bad ones don't seem to get disciplined in any way.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!