Southwestern Advantage - Great experience | Glassdoor

"Great experience"

Current Intern - Student Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Intern - Student Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Southwestern Advantage as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a life changing summer internship experience. It helps me grow so much. Not just with my communication skills, but also being a person that live the philophies or work hard, treat people better, commitment. The job is so hard but it totally worths it. Don't believe the negative website about the southwestern experience. The president of the company Dan moore are great and he really devotes his heart to help us grow. My student manager is great, she cares about me and want me have the same experience as her, to become a leader. Without southwestern, I would be just a student who moved here since I was 15 from china. This helps me understand the value of myself, understand how to have a positive attitude. I love this internship experience so much, enjoying surround by people who are very positive and very motivated. I finished my 2nd summer, and I will do it one more summer.

Cons

There are cons but everything has cons. But they all worths it and I didn't regret I did this.

Other Employee Reviews for Southwestern Advantage

1. "A unique opportunity to challenge oneself and grow from those challenges all the while helping others"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Southwestern Advantage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relationships, Mentoring, Challenges, Unique Product

Cons

Dealing with misinformed social media posts throughout the year especially during the summers

Advice to Management

Create a team that helps and maintains permit information for organizations during the summer

2. "Best "Life" Preparation Available for Young People"

Current Employee - Online Product Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Online Product Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Southwestern Advantage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I sold for 3 summers while in college. While selling, I met people who were so unbelievably kind to me, even though I was a complete stranger. I met families who had adopted over a dozen children, simply out of the goodness of their hearts and generosity of spirit. I met a family that owned a SKUNK, and another one that owned a fawn that had a collar and slept in a dog bed in the living room (hey, to each his own). I met successful business people, professional writers, dancers, farmers, lawyers, factory-workers, artists, teachers, and lots of Mom’s that worked their butts off being great Moms. I met families that were overflowing with love and respect for one another; and I met others who were not. I met women whom I aspired to be just like someday; and I met some whom I vowed never to emulate.

I learned more, about myself and about human nature, than I ever thought possible. I learned the value of hard work and the value of a dollar. I learned how to run a successful business, how to make decisions for myself, and how much impact a positive mental attitude can make on your life. I learned that complaining gets you nowhere, and making excuses almost sends you backward. I learned that supporting a friend is one of the most special gifts in the world, and that leadership can literally move mountains.

But above all, I learned that life is about living it. It’s not about fame or power, nor status or rank. It’s about figuring out who you really are, and how you can be that very best version of you - for the betterment of yourself and those around you.

After 3 years of selling books, I went off to work at Microsoft in online advertising sales in New York City. After 4 years there, I decided to come back to work with Southwestern Advantage, helping to develop their educational and success-readiness websites called Southwestern Advantage Online and SkWids. And quite frankly, I couldn’t be happier.

Cons

None. But be prepared to work harder than you have before - but also reap greater rewards.