KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee

A SCAM beyond SCAM ... A great bait for college students. I don't really comprehend why they have a high review.

Mar 6, 2015 - Field Sales Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Building relationships and traveling to a different state with other college students --- like a mini road trip until the work starts.... Makes you learn who to trust and I got stronger mentally because I realize that companies like Southwestern company may look fancy with their big office but in the end, the college students are nothing but baits. Shouldn't work here once you have a degree because you are better than that.

Cons

They drop me off on the streets at the ghetto area at 9 am and then pick me up around 9-10 pm at night (and yes, still on the streets). The managers do not really care for your personal situation as long as you are giving them a positive result on your sale. I've had police officers told me that what the company is doing is unsafe especially because the area has a lot of gangs, registered sex offenders etc... They sometimes send me to the firefighters office and they demand that the manager need to start picking me up there for safety reasons. (My manager was really upset and told me I should've just waited on the streets by the bench). I've had families help me by providing food, drinks and a shelter since we are pretty much walking outside from 9 am - 10 pm You basically go door-to-door and hope that someone will let you in or answer the door without threatening to call cops or let you know you are trespassing. The company gives you a set of notes to memorize whenever there's an objection responded to you. You don't get paid weekly. You have to knock on people's house and beg them to let you live-in with them for a summer. (They give you notes for that by the way). You get paid at the end of the summer after you go back to Nashville. They will charge you for the sample books that you show to potential customers and once you get your check, you realize that you can actually do this in any other job.

Continue reading
    44 people found this review helpful

Southwestern Advantage Response

Web Marketing

It's unfortunate to read reviews like this filled with misinformation by an anonymous source. The experience someone has with the person they work closest with is typically described as their experience with "the company." Reading between the lines, the relationship you had with your student leader was the real issue. It likely went sour for reasons that were the fault of the student leader – it's their job to set proper expectations, coach people through challenges, problem solve, and help new participants learn how to take personal responsibility for their situations. Based on what you've written, this student leader did a poor job in communicating to you how our program actually works, and for that, we extend our apologies. For any readers that would like to question us on any of the details shared in this review, or any other review, we invite you to reach us directly at 888-602-7867 or southwesternadvantage.com/contactus.

1. 5.0
    Former Intern

Amazing company for any college student!

Dec 29, 2021 - Anonymous Intern in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I feel so lucky to have been a part of this company. What they are doing is so unique and beneficial. The products they offer are products that actually benefit people and the company. They give you your independence and teach you how to run your own business but there are many people to help guide you along the way.

Cons

None. It helped me pay for my college, learned how to run my own business, traveled, made friends from all over the U.S. and outside of the country, and it's given me such a huge leg up after college.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best experiences of my life.

Nov 29, 2021 - Sales Leader in McAllen, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you're willing to take a chance on yourself and learn to what this company has to offer you can set yourself up for success. Southwestern gives you a blueprint to catapult your career after the internship. I left a 6 year career as a EMT- Firefighter to gain invaluable skills during the pandemic. You'll learn more than just what a college degree can take you. The network and mentorship is excellent and second to none that I've seen for such young individuals looking to get head of their peers. This company teaches you what it takes to live a principal based life while inspiring to impact others.

Cons

This program is for those that are willing to work hard, stay committed and work with integrity. You will be out of state and learning to handle challenges on your own like you would any job or career. It's a lot hour 80 plus especially since theres no cap, it really depends on how long you want to hustle to make your money. But the rewards are sweet.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Southwestern Advantage.