Space Dynamics Laboratory - Space Dynamics Software Engineer | Glassdoor

"Space Dynamics Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Logan, UT

I have been working at Space Dynamics Laboratory full-time for more than a year

Pros

They play to your strengths. They fight to keep you working for them, and will do what they can to make your work environment meet your needs. The benefits are amazing since SDL is affiliated both with USU as a research foundation and the government.

Cons

Most of the projects require government clearance so you have to qualify for that and then go through the motions to get it. It can be unnerving working for government contracted work, and sometimes the rigid, bureaucratic nature of the environment can stifle work productivity. Compensation isn't the greatest.

Advice to Management

Management hasn't been as involved in my work experience as I might have liked, and therefore engineer and program managers were on different pages many times. It isn't easy when projects dominate your time, but make sure to never be more than a week un-involved in a project?

Space Dynamics Laboratory2015-07-15

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Company - Top 3 Logan Company For Sure"

Current Employee - Business Assistant in Logan, UT

I have been working at Space Dynamics Laboratory part-time for more than a year

Pros

Giving. Students come first. They actually care. Everyone is on the same team.

Cons

Projects come and go so you can go from being too busy to not having anything to do.

Space Dynamics Laboratory2019-09-18
  2. "So great"

Current Employee - Lab Assistant

I have been working at Space Dynamics Laboratory part-time

Pros

Great pay, really flexible hours, nice people

Cons

Can be monotonous at time

Space Dynamics Laboratory2019-08-09

Discover more reviews about Space Dynamics Laboratory.