Space Needle - I work the summers and love it,great people and I love tourists and showing off my great city. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Space Needle

"I work the summers and love it,great people and I love tourists and showing off my great city."

Current Employee - Server in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Server in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Space Needle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great tips, great view, great food, union shop easy to pick up shifts. Schedule is set for months at a time but plenty of people to trade shifts with.

Cons

Union shop. The more seniority you have the better. As a first year I get the left overs and last picks for shifts. Still I make $200 a lunch shift regularly.

Advice to Management

Negotiate with the union so people can't call in with the union flu all the time. It make it hard for you to be certain you are staffed right on a beautiful summer day

Other Employee Reviews for Space Needle

1. "Very diverse workplace with great people who are dedicated to their job"

Former Employee - Guest Services Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Guest Services Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Space Needle part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation was fair, union position, management was great, loved a lot of my coworkers.

Cons

In my department (Guest Services) it was hard to get time off because generally 3 out of the 4 employees in my department were working each day, so there wasn't much wiggle room.

Advice to Management

Career growth trajectory is not very transparent so it doesn't encourage employees to be better

2. "It has its ups and downs."

Former Employee - Elevator Operator in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Elevator Operator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Space Needle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You work at the Space Needle, most people are happy to be there, and the restaurant for employees is pretty good. Low stress and you learn lots about Seattle. It's really amazing to have such a great view all day. You rotate elevators every hour, so you never have a chance to get bored.

You can accompany 8 friends to the top daily for free.

Cons

The elevator gets really hot during the summer. It can also get extremely crowded. The uniforms are kinda cheesy and the elevator music gets real old after a while.