SpaceX - Great Place for More than a Job | Glassdoor
  1. "Great Place for More than a Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

I have been working at SpaceX full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working here is more like being on a mission than having a job. If you're just looking for a paycheck (no judgement, you do you), this is not the place you want to be. It's never boring. The work always feels important, even when its basic stuff. Working in a rocket factory is slightly dream-like. The people around you inspire you to do the best work you've ever done in your life which is a pretty incredible... high.

Cons

I never realized how often people settle for mediocrity in a corporate environment until I came here where we fight mediocrity on a daily basis. That can be uncomfortable at times because its hard to do, but I think that's a fair trade for the feeling you get when you achieve something no one has ever done before.

Advice to Management

Keep up the efforts to communicate at all levels of the organization, even as it continues to grow.

SpaceX2017-10-23
  1. "Great environment and hard working teams"

Current Employee - Avionics Technician

I have been working at SpaceX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Experience in working for various departments

Cons

Hard moving up the ladder

SpaceX2019-09-12

"Demanding job, but well worth it."

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Hawthorne, CA

I have been working at SpaceX full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The future of this company is wide open. The possibilities are endless and to be a part of it is super exciting. I look back on the years I have been here and I only wish I got out of the Navy earlier to start here earlier. Working here is tough, but it should be. This shouldn't be an easy job and the challenges you are faced with should be difficult. You will be expected to come in everyday and give it your all... without going overboard. This is one aspect I really enjoy about working here. I am never bored and I enjoy accomplishing our goals and overcoming every challenge we are faced with. Work life balance has significantly increased. Launch days are the best day of the week.

Cons

Location. I understand why SpaceX was started here, but I would really love for us to pack up and move everything to a more open area where everything, including our testing facility is in one central location. There are some awesome open areas between LA and Vegas. Traffic is horrible. It makes it really tough to commute.

SpaceX2019-08-20

Discover more reviews about SpaceX.