Sparta Systems - As of yet, the staff has been accommodating, the environment friendly and the pay very satisfying. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sparta Systems

"As of yet, the staff has been accommodating, the environment friendly and the pay very satisfying."

I have been working at Sparta Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since the day I walked in, they've given me everything I needed to succeed and then some. They actively answer my questions, they trained me from the ground up and paced the training to my specific needs. There is a trust placed in the employee to perform tasks assigned to them on their own time, and it's not in a manner that feels impossible. Great place to work. Very fulfilling environment.

Cons

I think the one drawback is the slight disconnect between management and lower level employees. They are very personable and easily approached, and will gladly help when they can, but this seems to be so much that they occasionally take a while to respond. This is due largely to the fast growth of the company.

Advice to Management

No advice from me just yet.

Other Employee Reviews for Sparta Systems

1. "One of the Best places I worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

I have been working at Sparta Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of responsibilities. Good teamwork.
    Great work culture in Product Development / QA organization.
    Good training to folks joining. Agile methodologies.
    Fast growing company almost doubling in size in last 2-3 years and continue to expand. Lots of opportunities.
    Company has a good policy for folks to move been departments which is better than anywhere else I have worked.

Cons

Due to flat organization promotions are less.

Advice to Management

As company expands consider expanding middle management layer to help with balanced growth and proper oversight.

2. "Great company, but with high turnover"

I worked at Sparta Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great benefits, pay is competitive.
    - Casual dress code, brand new building with great areas to sit and socialize, game room
    - Co-workers are very friendly, respectful, and helpful
    - Sparta does a great job with company events and celebrations of holidays (not just US holidays, but various different cultural holidays as well). Socializing with Spartans is always a fun time.
    - Good flow of work will come your way, you will definitely not be bored or have nothing to do. You'll leave every day knowing you've accomplished something.
    - Free lunch on Fridays. Sparta also promotes healthy lifestyles.
    - Gym and cafeteria next door.

Cons

- Everybody is too spread thin with their work, which leads to constant delays and bickering amongst management on how to manage their resources. It can be a battle obtaining assistance from another department.
    - Many of the old-timers have left, new people are always popping up everywhere across the company. Retention rate is low.
    - Very difficult in terms of personal career growth. Moving up is very difficult, and as you grow in the company, your responsibilities become more diversified rather than focusing on your strengths.

The core problem with Sparta is that it is a sales-driven company, not product-driven. There are many negative feelings behind the product, and it leads to employees just wanting to complete their deadlines and getting their day-to-day assignments done. Sparta has a lot of passion and inspiration, but it's always focused towards the general success of the company and growing the sales numbers, not towards the product. The product has no "edge-of-the-seat Wow" factor and does not inspire developers. If upper executives/management are truly concerned about the employee retention rate and the quality of the product, they need to invest more into the product and promote it within Sparta. With inspired employees, you will get a product everyone can be proud of, which will lead to stability and more sales.

Advice to Management

Do a better job learning the strengths and goals of each of your employees and give them work/projects based on that. Don't hinder the success and growth of your top talent, ever. Need to be more action-oriented and not becoming complacent with existing/outdated policies and red tape.