Special Counsel - Very friendly environment! Flexible work schedule! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Special Counsel

"Very friendly environment! Flexible work schedule!"

Former Contractor - Document Reviewer/Contract Attorney in Dallas, TX
Former Contractor - Document Reviewer/Contract Attorney in Dallas, TX

I worked at Special Counsel as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Working here provides you with the flexibility of practicing as a sole practitioner and interviewing for permanent employment. On most contracts, you determine your work hours after completing a day of training. Also, there are opportunities to work overtime on most projects and there is free parking depending on the location of the project. Lastly, the work environment is very friendly and relaxed. We get free lunches frequently!

Cons

Due to the nature of the job, it is quite difficult (almost impossible) to qualify for benefits like vacation days, paid holidays, sick days, etc.

Advice to Management

Provide at least paid holidays!

Other Employee Reviews for Special Counsel

1. "Contract Document Review - it's alright."

Former Employee - Contract Associate
    Former Employee - Contract Associate

I worked at Special Counsel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the atmosphere and flexibility of the job, the assignment I worked on did not allowed for overtime, but did not require it. The flexible temporary placement with them was nice as it still left me with time to focus on my continuing job search.

I really enjoyed the people who worked along side of me, but that may be dependent upon the applicant pool.

Cons

Very little training before I started, sometimes hard to get in touch with the head of Special Counsel office, little to no possibility of permanent placement.

A lot of times I would be told that there was a position available, but it would often fall through.

"Casual, decent-paying, low-stress job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Special Counsel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual atmosphere, people are friendly, pretty easy to get your work done while listening to podcasts or music all day.

Cons

Not always steady, sometimes projects end with very little notice, although the staff are good at rehiring and helping place you elsewhere. Very little chance for advancement unless you've been around a good long while, and even then it's not likely. High turnover.