Speck - This is how companies should operate | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Speck

"This is how companies should operate"

I have been working at Speck full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Startup atmosphere, the people working here are talented, committed and all around great people. This company embarces those who other companies would consider "weird", but those are the truly creative and driven people who make this company as great as it is.

Cons

While the company has a startup mentaility culture, it also has a startup mentality process wise and sometimes things are not clearly defined for new hires. It takes a while to get used to it. Plus parking is a hassle.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, focusing on growth without forgetting the employees that make your company so great.

Other Employee Reviews for Speck

1. "Very good company where I'm learning a lot and working with lots of good people."

Pros

Working with some very smart and talented people, and get all the free iPhone products you could ever want.

Cons

Everything moves at an extremely fast pace that can be exhausting at times.

Advice to Management

Executive management needs to listen to each other and work together to lead the company to the next level. It is currently lower ranks that drive the company and get the work done.

2. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Speck full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Speck is a fantastic place to work. Most days I am wake up excited to come to come in, it helps being surrounded by incredibly intelligent, tenacious and creative people. It is a constant source of inspiration. Watching your colleagues dedicate so much of themselves pushes me to do better. Due to the nature of the business it teaches you to be quick on your feet and able to react in the moment, there is little down time but if you thrive in a fast paced environment then its a an excellent place to be

Cons

Every office has its frustrations, communications sometimes breaks down, deadlines get tight but I can truthfully say these are far less of an issue at Speck then I have experienced elsewhere