Speck - sinking ship | Glassdoor

"sinking ship"

I have been working at Speck full-time (More than a year)

Pros

not including almost every single manager from middle to executive there are some very bright, talented team members. less and less everyday as they move to companies that value intelligence and offer growth

Cons

there are no words to adequately describe how incredibly terrible the management is. 98% off the leaders in the company are clueless fossils who with their every move almost seem to be purposely driving the company into ruin. the morale is so low that most of the team has resorted to sarcasm to cover up the pain that their once beloved company is being torn apart by unqualified leaders.

Advice to Management

Leave, please. There are a few, a small few, who still inspire and support their employees but the vast majority, if they cared at all about the company, its future and not just pulling a paycheck to the bitter end should leave.

Other Employee Reviews for Speck

"No future, no growth, no nothing"

I have been working at Speck full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Current location, snacks/beverages, dog days, a lot of the people, work-life balance

Cons

During layoffs instead of getting rid of management and higher-ups that made all the bad decisions to get us where we are financially they cut all hard-working people that made this company great.
    Ideas are not heard.
    The morale has tanked and everyone is looking to leave.
    Terrible leadership
    No career growth opportunity

Advice to Management

There is absolutely zero leadership for certain departments. Some of the managers literally do nothing and rely on their employees to do every little thing for them while they're already completely overworked.
    Stop spending excruciating amounts of money on things like sending more than half the company to CES. At the end of the day if the person you're sending won't impact our sales, why are they going?
    There's plenty more to say but I will stop there.

"lovely working staff. management is the worst I have every worked for!"

I worked at Speck full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

at this time none. when I started it was a dynamic company with a fun and meaningful purpose.

Cons

The senior management is lost as to basic business practices. The company struggles to pay suppliers and manufactures. The Product develop team is one of the worse teams I have worked with and has very little if no ability to apply basics manufacturing knowledge wrt manufacturing.

Advice to Management

I left,, i don't care what they do now!