Spectrum Brands - Spectrum Brands lay offs | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Spectrum Brands

"Spectrum Brands lay offs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Flexible Schedule, many cities to work in. The pay wasn't bad and the benefits were pretty good. I had a lot of independence and autonomy. The sales meeting for the whole organization was held in Atlanta this year and was pretty nice. The dinner was good, the meetings were pretty informative, I got to meet with a lot of executives and decision makers for the company. All in all it was a good experience and they flew everyone out there. However, in retrospect it seems they could have spent their money elsewhere since they are now in some financial trouble.

Cons

As of November of this year, a lot of people have been laid off. I think it was about 50% of the salesforce that were included in the lay offs at all levels. Sales reps, regional managers, and district managers were targeted. Also they completely laid off the department for fertilizer and growth. Shipping was also always a problem. It was always delayed and a lot of times it was the incorrect quantity and incorrect product being shipped. This caused problems for the stores and the representatives for the stores that were not their fault. I don't foresee this company bouncing back soon.

Advice to Management

More communication to lower employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Spectrum Brands

1. "Tetra Holding is not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Consumer Relations Representative in Blacksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Consumer Relations Representative in Blacksburg, VA

Pros

Competitive pay and good benefits

Cons

Horrible management and employees treated badly. More concerned about management image than customer satisfaction. Not open to any employee suggestions. Goals change everyday and are virtually unattainable in the long run.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse and listen to employees! Stop managing like it's 1960 and you are the sole authority over every aspect of your employees life. Stop gossiping and be more professional.

2. "Field Merchandiser"

I have been working at Spectrum Brands part-time

Pros

One of the best interviewing processes I have been through in a long time!

Cons

No Cons that I have experienced.